E-commerce companies have appeared for all walks of life; whether these are from business to business or business to consumer. Never again did having a strong online presence mattered as much as today. Why? Because 81% of all purchases, starts with an online search. And if there’s one good thing that has come from the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been the surge of e-commerce companies, providing a link to the outside world to isolating individuals or families in lockdown. Never again, did the world see such an unprecedented growth in the e-commerce and digital sectors. And this has changed for good, the way consumers access and buy products and services.
Photo by Mikhail Nilov
Why you should seek commercial legal advice for your E-Commerce Company
E-commerce companies need to deal with challenges, unique to the online sector and comply with numerous online and electronic commerce laws. Having experienced e-commerce lawyers to walk you through the legal, vat and regulatory considerations for selling goods or services online, are essential for the success of your e-commerce company.
Owners of online and e-commerce companies, need to consider numerous details. And here is where we can help you. Our business lawyers have a deep understanding of e-commerce rules and will help you navigate the many details and requirements of the digital industry sector.
We have helped start ups as well as established companies with all things concerning their online selling and e-commerce business, whether this has to do with setting up their online business up and running, complying with regulatory issues, dealing with VAT and tax matters, or protecting their intellectual property rights.
Here is how our business lawyers will help you:
- Incorporating and running an e-commerce company
- Setting up a bank account and merchant account as a new entrepreneur or high-risk business.
- Complying with data protection regulations (hello GDPR!) as well as other privacy issues and regulations, such as cookies.
- Drafting comprehensive and foolproof Terms and Conditions for selling your goods and services
- Drafting your IT agreements, including software agreements
- Complying with distance selling regulations
- Advising on electronic marketing regulations
- Advising on VAT regulations
- Handling your e-commerce business’s tax obligations
- Protecting your intellectual property rights
Why Cyprus is ideal for e-commerce companies
Cyprus is a gem for the establishment of both physical businesses and e-commerce.
Plenty of advantages make this EU island nation an ideal location from where to jumpstart your entrepreneurial lifestyle:
- Member of the European Union, one of the largest consumer markets on earth, and close proximity to the MENA region and its population of about 560 million.
- A corporate tax rate of only 12,5%.
- An international and cutting-edge hub for the shipping, logistics and fintech industries with plenty of new payment solution providers (PSPs), setting shop on the island.
- Knowledgeable and skilled core of financial services and legal professionals that can offer you the whole range of services required to set up any type of business.
- Schemes that provide fantastic tax planning opportunities, such as the Cyprus IP Box or the Cyprus non Dom scheme.
- Excellent infrastructure including reliable and fast Internet connectivity, affordable office spaces, and solid telecommunication systems.
- Island-wide fluency in English.
For all of the above reasons, Cyprus should be a serious consideration, for setting up your e-commerce company.
Meridian’s boutique e-commerce company package
We understand how important it is for new businesses to keep their costs at a minimum and knowing from the get-go what sort of impact setting up an e-business in a new jurisdiction will have on their bank account.
We also understand the importance of ensuring that your e-commerce company is set up and running successfully, complying with all matters regulatory, protecting your interests and ensuring that all vat and tax matters are dealt with efficiently.
Hence, Meridian Trust offers you an affordable and fixed package, to help you set up your e-business on one of the most attractive jurisdictions to set up your new company.
What does our boutique e-business package include?
Our business lawyers, with their deep understanding of regulations that an online business needs to comply with, are your best possible partners. Are you considering setting up an e-commerce business? Do talk to us. We are here to help.
Let's talk! Fill in the form below and schedule your 30 minute free consultation with one of our corporate lawyers, to discuss any questions about setting up an e-commerce company in Cyprus.